.

Friday 11 April 2008

Addendum...

Further to my last post on awareness campaigns, I have a couple of things to add.

Firstly, I forgot to mention one of the other major issues that is doing well with a new awareness campaign - the "Anonymous" campaign against the Church of nucking futs $cientology. Ever since the Tom Cruise video was released, suppressed and re-released, we've seen a competent campaign against the Co$ by an organisation that doesn't technically exist. As this has made the national news, it's been brought into the public consciousness and made people ask "what is scientology? I thought it was just another harmless religion." I'm watching the campaign with much interest, and vastly enjoying the free spread of information and education about this dangerous cult.

Secondly, I'd like to follow up my comments on the campaign to get atheists to "out" themselves, à la 1980s homosexuals. There's a whole website dedicated to this campaign, and here's my big neon virtua-finger pointing at it:

image


Take a look, out yourself, spread the word.

No comments: